2. I've been canning on my own for about 10 years now, and today I broke a jar in the canner for the first time.
3. One kid pilfered my jar lifter while I was pealing peaches; then the two big kids fought over it until it broke.
4. I went down to the unfinished portion of our basement to grab our kid-sized Adirondack chairs. I went to brush off a big leaf from the back of one chair, and discovered the leaf was actually a giant, man-eating frog about to jump at me and eat my face.
5. When telling the story of the Big Frog over the phone to David, I heard Daphne mutter to herself in the other room, "Hmm...man-eating frogs..." She's going to be pondering that idea for awhile, I can tell.
6. Today was a good day. Even when it was bad, it was good.
|canning: a baby's favorite past time|
|Christian claims to not like the red middle of peaches so just nibbles the outer yellow edges|
|"I will help mama work."|
|yay! happy play time!|