31 March 2015

Working Hard and Hardly Working























This is a lovely picture of us about to embark on a Spring walk.  How perfect and sweet we are!  Except both big kids were throwing fits and complaining about every little thing, until I finally told them NO TALKING unless they had something nice to say.  Daph was suspiciously quiet for the entire walk.

Otherwise, this is my most favorite Spring of all time.  This might be a strange thing to take note of, but the soil at our house is really nice.  I weeded, dug up some dead azaleas, and took out a bunch of Shasta daisies and primroses (because there were millions), and truly enjoyed the entire process.  Good soil is good stuff.  Plus it helps that David got me a cute shovel. 
jonas the tiny koala bear



































a camera!  i should put my face in front of it.




































The flower beds are ready for some new perennials and all our planters are artfully arranged and ready for some annuals.  We have never been so prepared for Spring.
plant me! plant me!























Speaking of prepared, I have a very detailed plant wish-list.  (I can show it to anyone who needs birthday gift ideas.)  Burning bush, snapdragons, zinnias, Lily-of-the-Valley, daphne, rosemary, more tulips, lavendar, etc., etc., etc.  Yesterday I went into the side yard and what did I find...so much Lily-of-the-Valley! (Or is it 'so many Lily-of-the-Valleys?') A big treat, for sure, especially since I get to cross that plant off my list by spending zero dollars.


















 



We also hung a hammock, which has basically been a life-long dream.  Daph said, "We can make lemonade and relax here when it's summertime!"  Yes. 





















We hung one of my old windows on the front porch.  Daph said, "It's not a good idea to hang things with glass because it might fall and break." 
we need a new porch light, pronto























And that's it for today's episode of Random Photos from Melissa's Yard.  Stay tuned for next time!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

So convicting. I've been NEEDING to get out there and beautify and springify our yard and flower beds but I have been feeling zero (make that negative 10) motivation, sunshine or not. And we've had such great weather lately too! Double shame! Oh well. Maybe my flower beds will get nice AFTER the baby. ha. ha. ha. ha. ha.

Erika said...

Ahhhh love this!! I've been doing some stuff in my yard too...but not enough...because I haven't mastered the art of wearing Millie while actually accomplishing yard work. Like...I feel like most of my gardening takes place leaning over or bending down (to dig up weeds, dig holes, etc.), and then I feel like she's going to slide out of the Ergo...PLUS it absolutely breaks my back to get up and down and lean over with her in there...I just don't have the hang of it yet!! You make it look so easy!