22 February 2009

Here's Looking at You

Daphne's geneticist says she has large eyes. This can be, according to him, a sign of nearsightedness. I'm assuming that I am the parent that passed on the 'large eye' gene to Daphne, and I have pretty perfect vision. I guess I could be one of those people who thinks they are seeing things clearly because they've never known anything differently. Maybe you give me a pair of glasses and all of a sudden I see what clarity really is.

So we're supposed to take Daphne to the eye doctor. I really don't know how you test the vision of a 2 month old. Hand motions to show the direction of the 'E'? Read the smallest line of letters? And then if she fails, do they fit her with teeny tiny glasses?

I guess I will have the answers whenever we get this appointment booked. Until then, here she is in all her big-eyed glory:

3 comments:

GrandpaR said...

Daffy's Grandpa is the first to comment!
Hi Daffy!

Anonymous said...

Oh yes, I see the problem. You will most likely need very thick lenses. Those big eyes mean trouble!

Amanda said...

"She has such big eyes" is always the first thing people tell me when they see my daughter...that or "She has so much hair". My sister started wearing glasses when she was 10 months old, it was so cute :)