09 October 2009

Oooh, Fancy

Two weeks ago our washer started making funny noises, and then last Saturday gave a final rinse and died. I was pretty excited because part of using cloth diapers over disposables was the joy of saving many dollars and then buying a fancy schmancy energy efficient frontloading washing machine.

Everything I read said that if you have a working dryer, you don't need to get a new one since drying technology hasn't changed much in the past years. So it was our intention to just get a washer. But then we were shopping around and David kept saying, "don't all women want nice matching washer and dryer sets?" (Because if I had $1000 to spend on whatever I wanted, I would immediately go for appliances, apparently.) And, "look at how nice the matching pair is." I think he really wanted the new dryer. Well, we had the money in the bank, found a really great deal that includes a rebate from the power company for all the energy we'll be saving, plus the tax credit, so....













Now we can all sit and watch with wonder and amazement as our clothes go 'round and 'round.

Yes, it's always a party at the Kemple household.

But I have a week's worth of laundry to get to, so no more sitting here wasting the daylight hours.