19 December 2014

Jonas: 6 Months

Fun fact for the day: Jonas was born on Friday the 13th, the day of a full moon, and he turned 6 months on 12-13-14.  Such a cool life he's living, mathematically speaking. 
intro to cars by prof. big brother
















The most exciting thing that happened this month was that two nights ago he slept for 9 hours straight!  This was a PR for him.  Lest I get too excited thinking this is a new thing, last night he slept for the opposite of 9 hours.  The opposite of sleeping for 9 hours is waking every 3.  Sadly for him, now I know he really doesn't need to eat so I don't have to feed him.  Ha!  I win.

He got to try some Big Boy food this month because when he sits on our laps while we're eating our meals, he likes to open his mouth really wide and face-plant his mouth on our faces in an effort to steal our food.  It's funny, slimy, and gross.  We really like following the baby-led weaning approach for introducing food, so we've been giving him some big pieces of meat, fruit, and vegetables to gnaw on.  He loves all of them, even dill pickles. 
happy feet waving while gnawing on ham
















(I like that my floors look deceptively clean in that picture.)

Other points of interest:
*It's his favorite to stand up and jump.  If we had some sort of excersaucer or jumping contraption, he would probably adore it.
*He smiles at me with a huge, happy, open mouth.  Adorbs.
*He loves his older siblings.  They are hilarious people.
*No stranger danger yet!  But he still likes me best.
*I ask him every day if he wants to be my baby boy forever.  So far I think he's amenable to the plan. 
























































I tried to recreate some of his newborn photos for the 6 month marker.  It did not go well.  Maybe another day?  Or maybe it's fine to have these be our pictures, because rarely do things go perfectly.

And honestly, the mess makes me laugh.

































i mean, how can you not laugh at this picture?































1 comment:

Michelle said...

What a little sweetie bear. I love the picture of him with the tree! And he is so cool to have such a mathematically aligned birthdate and half birthdate. I bet he's destined for mathematical genius! Or something like that...