29 June 2011

Playing Catch-Up

We're finally done with the professional people in our basement. Adding up the number of people by the number of hours they cleaned for us, it took about 70 hours to clean the majority of our soot mess. Now we're just working on doing all the laundry and cleaning out the insides of our closets and dressers. It's a yucky job, but we're trudging along. Our water and electric bill will be amazing this month.

We went to the beach Sunday and Monday, and I was thinking that if I left the crazy situation that is our house, the crazy situation would just go away. Unfortunately the mess was still here when we got home. Bummer.

The hardest part of this whole deal is that I have SO many things to get done before the baby comes, but now instead of doing those things I'm washing hangers from our closets. I need to be replacing Velcro on our cloth diapers...maybe this baby will just have to use safety pins for a bit. But the basement is cleaner than I could ever get it so I can't really complain.

The cleaners were amazing. Every time I go into our laundry room I wonder why it's so bright in there, and then I realize that when you wash a window, more light is let in and the room becomes brighter. I'll definitely have to give that a try more often. I'm thinking that I'm very supportive of having a cleaning crew come clean our upstairs, too. I mean, imagine how long it would take me, a stay-at-home mom who can only really work after Daphne goes to bed at night, to get 70 hours worth of cleaning done? Once I finished, the first half of what I did would be a mess again. A total waste of my time, for sure.

But moving on from our cleaning issues and onto our beach weekend...we drove to Newport and spent Sunday at the Aquarium. I wasn't sure what Daphne would think, but apparently she is at the perfect age for getting excited about fish. (By the way, I have not yet found the camera cord, but instead discovered that the video camera cord works just fine. The camera cord is just going to have to appear miraculously on it's own because I have no idea where it could be.)





























































It was very sad when David told her to look for Patrick (from Sponge-Bob) in the starfish pool. Poor girl was confused on why she didn't actually get to see the real Patrick.

















I love the photos of her with her face pressed to the glass floor of the shark tunnel so she could what was swimming beneath her.












I don't know what is going on in this final picture, but it makes me laugh. We like the Aquarium!

No comments: