25 March 2009

Surgery Day Part 2

Daphne was given the OK to go home by her doctor and the nurses, so I took off her little hospital gown to change her. Her belly was huge. I think I gave a half-hysterical laugh because the largeness of it was both disturbing and funny.

The nurse came over so I could show her and she said (exact quote here), "that's not normal, I'm calling the doctor." And off she went.

They're not sure yet why she has this weird belly issue, so we're staying the night for observation.

Next Wednesday or Thursday we're coming back to have her casts replaced. It will be the same basic procedure as this week with her being put under and all, so they'll probably have her stay the night in case this happens again.

Good times.

2 comments:

One Blessed Momma! said...

I'm glad her surgery went well. I hope her belly thing isn't a big issue. I can't wait to meet her next weekend!!!

Anonymous said...

Poor Daphers! I hope it turns out okay soon! At least she looks like she is taking a peaceful nap.