26 March 2009

Part 4

Daphne has continued her Reign of Terror (as David put it) by kicking off one of her casts this morning. Being the official baby inspector, it fell of while I was up with her. If we were at home I probably would have called 911, and when the dispatcher scolded me for this not being a medical emergency I would have said, "open wound = medical, cast sliding off = emergency." At least in my book.

Apparently everyone around here is amazed at her kicking skills. I think they're considering naming a building after her. Something like "The Daphne Building for Retired Medical Folks Who Were Driven to the Breaking Point by Babies." It has a good ring to it, don't you think?

I don't even understand how she could have wiggled out of this. There's so much curve to it, so I don't really know how her calf, for instance, was fitting in the knee part.















Little Daphers has to be put under again today so that she can be put back together. Her doctor said he just might redo both casts and maybe we don't have to come in again next week. That would be nice. He also said she is his favorite patient.















Doing all that kicking makes for one tired baby.

4 comments:

One Blessed Momma! said...

Wow, poor kid! I'm thinking of you guys. I hope you get to go home soon. Maybe with her excellent kicking there is a soccer future in store for her :0P

Anonymous said...

Wow, that is amazing that she got out of that thing. So you have to stay another night?

Kelley said...

She is the future kicker for the Beavs!

Susan said...

praying for you...