25 March 2009

Surgery Day Part 3















Daphne has run into another little problem: her IV's don't want to work! So far she's had 5, two in each arm and now the one in her head that seems to be OK, although she just had to have it fixed. Poor kid.

They had us stop feeding her for a few hours to make sure her stomach was back down to normal. Now she's had two feedings and it seems to be growing a little bit again...hmmm. In real life I've never checked her stomach size throughout the day, so of course we're not entirely sure what 'normal' is for her, but they're having us measure every so often. It's also very (not) surprising that one of her casts is sliding off. The doctor will have to check it when he comes back in tomorrow, but hopefully he will not have to put it back on because she has to be under for him to be able to do that. And to think we almost went home this afternoon! Did I mention that I'm the one who discovered her gigantic stomach? They should hire me as the official before-baby-goes-home inspector.

Daphne's feelings about the day:

a little bit mad















and a little bit dopey.
















Happy to be finally getting some food after being starved for so many hours.
















Our nurse in the recovery area gave Daphne an Olivia board book, so David read it to her. I love Olivia. She is such a funny little pig.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

My poor Daphne! And I am sorry you have to have an iv in your head! yuck!!

Donna said...

Thanks for all the info and photos. We are praying everything goes well for Daphne. We already know God answers prayer!! Blessings to all three of you.

Kelley said...

Daphne on drugs, Gramma on drugs. It is the same look!

Hope you had a good night. Well, as good as you can have in a hospital.

We are praying for you.

GAB said...

Hurray for aunt Erin! She helped me figure out how to post a message today! Daph, I'm sorry you are having to stay in the hospital longer but you'll be home soon!

Unknown said...

Hey Daph, sorry 'bout that IV in the head. I know how you feel. I had one of those when i was about your age too. No fun.