13 March 2009

Doernbecher, Here We Come















I realize this picture is a little blurry, but I love it when she has this little pouty face going on! She really gets that lower lip sticking out when she wants to. This one I happened to catch on accident only because our camera is so slow that it caught what she was doing about 10 seconds after I had already pushed the picture-taking button. (Are there official names for those things?)















She got to have another bath last night after I took her casts off. Last week I took off her casts Friday morning before her appointment; this week I was smarter and took them off Thursday night so that we could have more cast free time. She's so much more fun to hold when her legs are free! I never really think about it because for as long as I've known her she's been attached to something: wires and tubes in the NICU and casts as soon as she got out.

I think her legs are a little sensitive from spending so much time encased in plaster. She doesn't mind when she's dressed or wrapped in a blanket, but when I'm changing her she's not very happy, and she doesn't like you to mess with her feet. Poor baby. Mike the cast guy said it's probably not pain, just hyper-sensitivity from not being touched for 2 months.

Her surgery is set for March 25th. We'll be at Doernbecher at 6AM, and then stay the night in our own private room. David and I have had a tradition since we've been married to go out to the Gorge in March or April and stay the night, just as a little R and R away from the city. Doernbecher...Gorge...it's the same, right?!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Daphne is Cute!

I LOOVVVEEE Daphne