11 July 2009

Evening Blues

Daphne (like lots of other babies, I'm sure) is very fussy in the evenings. If we're home I try to become as entertaining as possible in order to keep her distracted from her grouchiness. Usually this means going outside. We go for a walk, or talk to the chickens, or play with the dogs.




















It's during these evening outdoor times that I've noticed how in love with our dogs Daphne is. She adores them. They, on the other hand....not so fond of her. It's not that they don't like her, it's more that she does nothing for them. She doesn't throw the ball, which is the best thing you can do if you want their favor. And her version of petting them is to grab their noses or twist their ears.

So remember that Daphne is grouchy to begin with when we head outdoors. Then imagine she wants to play with the dogs so badly, but they could care less that she wants their attention. She lets her frustrations be known.



















But then the time comes when tiredness prevails and we head in for bed. And I cross my fingers, hoping that all the bedtime crying will not make hearing aids a need too near in my future.

1 comment:

blog said...

Ha ha! I'm loving that it's staying light outside longer, so we can take Jude out when he starts to get the evening fussies. I have to admit that we also very often "Baby Einstein it up," as we say. Some evenings Baby Einstein is the ONLY thing that will stop him from being fussy. :)