30 July 2009

Great Loves

Hi guys, Daphne here.



















I thought I would let you all know a few of the things that I love right now. These things can usually keep me pretty happy, and since I'm discovering that people will bend over backwards in order to keep me happy, I need to make sure everyone knows about this list.

First of all, I totally love my mom. She is so beautiful and wonderful and always smells good, even when it's 107 out. She feeds me and laughs at me when I'm not even trying to be funny. And she says I am soooo cute.

Speaking of funny, I love my dad because I think he is one of the funniest people ever! He blows on my tummy to make me laugh. He holds me upside down until Mom says, "aahhh!! no!! her head might pop off!" He carries me around the backyard so that I can smell the flowers or pet the chickens. Dad says he was never a cheek pincher until he met me, but now he wants to pinch my cheeks all day long. He also smells good in 107 degree weather, but I think that's because he takes a cold shower every 5 minutes.

I also love my dogs, but you knew that. I like the chickens OK; I think they're pretty entertaining to watch but I tend to get jumpy when they're too close.













I like going for walks and swinging. I love playing with my toys, and I love squeezing my stuffed animals. I have one animal that looks just like my dog Lola, and I'm usually confused because I think it is Lola! But this Lola doesn't lick my face, and she holds still so I can hold her.

I love, love, love the bath. If I'm ever grouchy, someone just needs to throw me in the tub and I get super happy.

I love people watching, so if you're ever trying to feed me in a public place, know that I get pretty distracted and would rather just look around.

I love my purple bedroom, and my huge bed that I can roll from one end to the other in.

If I'm sitting on your lap at meal time, I love to grab at everything within reach. My mom says it's getting hard to hold me and eat at the same time, since I just want to grab her food, her fork, her glass...basically anything she doesn't want me to have. She tries to distract me with baby toys, but I'm much smarter than she thinks and am not easily swayed from what I really want.

One of my better qualities, if I do say so myself, is that I am a super cuddly baby. If you hold me I like to nestle right in and get cozy. I wouldn't mind if you wanted to hold me all day long, in fact. Unless it's 107 out. Then I need a little space.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

...and you love that Aunt Erin and Uncle Kyle are coming to visit tomorrow!!

Kelley said...

But she is even more excited about Gramma visiting on Monday! :)