11 September 2009

Early Birds

Since David doesn't get off work until 2 A.M., it's my job to get up in the morning with Daphne the Early Riser. It's amazing how I used to think I needed lots of sleep in order to make it through the day with a smile on my face. Now with the baby around I find I can survive on way fewer hours than I previously thought possible. Granted, 6 hours per night broken into 3 2-hour chunks are not ideal, but I think I'm handling it quite well.

On at least one day a week, on David's weekend, he will take pity on me and get up with Daphne so that I can sleep in. It's become their tradition to go on an early morning walk to the park.

I'm not there so of course I don't know everything that happens. But I did upload pictures today to find a hint of the fun.














Well, David looks like he's enjoying himself. Daphne looks nervous.

But stay tuned for a "What Not To Wear" exclusive: When the Dad Dresses the Baby, and How the Mom's Shocking Reactions Can Affect Family Dynamics.

You won't want to miss it.

4 comments:

One Blessed Momma! said...

Her expression in the second pic is priceless. She looks so surprised/scared - lol

Paige said...

LOVE Daphne's facial expressions!!

Anonymous said...

haha can't wait! does it beat the brown skirt with a brown john deere onesie?

Kelley said...

I guess no one warned you of this phenomenon. Dads for centuries have not been able to dress their offspring in the appropriate coordinating attire. I don't know what it is. They see how Mom dresses the child, but Dad just doesn't remember what he saw put together.