28 September 2009

So Many Things

I haven't let the world know that our chickens have started pulling their weight around here. It's like a little Easter egg hunt every morning! I'm sure the novelty will wear off one of these days, but for now we have an unspoken rule that neither David nor I will go check without the other present. We both have to be there for the excitement of seeing if there are eggs in the nesting box. And for any of you who doubted that Blanche was female, I will have you know that she laid us a nice, brown egg this morning. So take that.



















We're done with the chicken updates, now we have to move on to the newest trick Daphne has up her sleeve. I will warn you that this may only be hilarious and interesting to David and me, so it's OK if this is boring to you.

But if you don't smile even a little, I may have to come see what is wrong with you.

Anyways, just the other day she started doing this funny thing where she puts her chin down on her chest and then looks up at you with just her eyes. I don't know why, and I don't know what it means, but I laugh and laugh every time she does it. She's catching onto that, therefore doing it more often.


























Oh, I love her.

4 comments:

Paige said...

It looks like maybe she is trying to "talk" you into getting something she wants!!! too cute

One Blessed Momma! said...

She is so cute. You're in big trouble if she does that and bats her eyelashes! :0)

Susan said...

Daphne, you crack me up! Get it? Crack? Like a nice brown egg in the morning...that's how you crack me up! Ahhhhahahah... :)

Kelley said...

Ok, so no rooster. I'm glad. We didn't need two. :)

Yes, her new look is too funny. I laughed when she showed it to Sophie.