04 September 2009

Chompers

Just this morning I was telling Emily (we met through blogland and our common bond of spending time at St.V's) that Daphne has no teeth yet. Despite months of drooling and gnawing on anything she could get in her mouth and me trying to blame her fussiness on teething, nothing. I said this gave me a bit of a worry. Maybe dear little Daphne has no teeth in those gums of hers?

This afternoon we were at a function where people were supposed to be quiet. Daphne was being a baby so David took her out so she could be loud without disturbing the peace. When I went out to meet them afterward David said..."guess who has a tooth!!!" Sure enough, she has a sharp little something sticking out of her lower gum.

We couldn't see anything, partly because when we try to open her mouth she sticks her tongue out, and partly because the tooth is minuscule and I need a magnifying glass to get a better look. I can't tell by feel which lower tooth it is because the sharpness is right in the middle of her gum.

So now I have a new worry: does Daphne only have one tooth, right in the middle of her mouth?

I don't even know if braces can fix that one.

1 comment:

Emily said...

Hurray!! Isn't it funny how you tell someone something hasn't happened and then it's as if babies get the hint and decide to take action?