31 August 2009

Nothing Exciting

David is trying to get me excited about watching an old Popeye movie that he bought today. Yeah, I'm so not into it, so I'll sit here and make up something to write about Daphne instead.

She's doing a few things right now that totally crack me up. For one, she always has to be grabbing at something. Anything. Her arms are constantly straight out, hands open, searching for something to grab. And then it goes straight to the mouth. Important papers (like her dad's fantasy football paperwork) should not be left within her reach. This just goes to show that her opinion of fantasy football is not too far off from my own. Although I won't go to such lengths as to eat the ranking list that David spent hours and hours preparing.



















But moving on (no bitterness here)...

When little Daphne wants some love and no one is near enough to appease her she scrunches her face up, opens her mouth real wide and gives this pathetic little whimper-like cry. It sound just like "iyiyiyiyiyi!" It makes me laugh every time because it is so fake. I don't pick her up right away hoping she'll keep doing it because it's sooo funny. That sounds so harsh and mean, but what can I say? It really is that funny.

And she's perfecting her stink eye. This is what happened when David told her the truth about Santa Claus:













I do try to take pictures of Daphne smiling, or even looking semi-happy. But I think she's afraid of the camera. She'll be laughing it up, but as soon as I pull out the camera she looks like she's being tortured. So here's my favorite unhappy Daphne picture of the week:

1 comment:

Kelley said...

What a funny girl! However, I do agree with her assessment of the fantasy football.

Are you sure the stinky eye is from the truth about Santa? Daphne knows Santa exists, she got her picture taken with him last year. I think it is frustration with the straw.

Give her a kiss for me.