08 August 2009

Don't Tell Miss Manners

I heard a tip one time that when you're starting to let your kid try to feed herself, give her food on a plate instead of just all over the high chair tray. Something about they're going to eat on a plate when they're bigger, so you might as well get them used to it right away. I don't know that I really care or have an opinion on that; I mostly just want to use her cute plate. Because while you're teaching your kid about manners, you might as well throw in a lesson or two about accessories and how much they can add to any occasion.

Anyways, Daphne, being the brilliant baby that she is, figured out the best way to get food from plate to mouth.













And was quite interested in looking at the pretty pictures on her plate.













I know she did get enough food into her belly, though, as I am sitting here smelling one of the most foul diapers of the week. Yay for solid foods.

2 comments:

Kelley said...

Oh, what a funny girl! Your baby is growing up! Have you opened the 6-9 month tote yet?

You can tell Miss Manners that Daphne does hold her little finger out.

Grandma "B" said...

I hope it's okay that Nate & Brooke let us view your blog. It has really blessed me and I am so touched by your choice of songs! I love to leave it running and listen to them while I work. -Laura :0)