05 August 2009

She Can Do What?

I have this problem of underestimating what Daphne can do. For instance, I have her clothes divided by size and boxed into totes, ready to be opened when she reaches that particular size. Newborn - 3months clothing is all packed away into it's box and now she's into the 3-6 month tote. But for the longest time I was thinking, "she's way too small for 3-6 months, I won't get into that box yet." Once I finally did crack that tote open some of the stuff was almost too small because I just didn't expect her to be that big yet.

We've had this darling high chair sitting in one of the guest bedrooms waiting for Daphne to grow into. Of course I've been thinking the chair is so huge, and Daphne appears to be taking her sweet time learning how to sit (which I am not looking forward to telling our community health nurse), so I didn't think we were getting too close to needing it yet. But this afternoon she and I were outside swinging, and the high chair was on the patio where it had been used by a little one during the huge birthday party over the weekend. I figured I would sit Daphne in it just to see what would happen. Well, what do you know? She was thrilled.













I took 97 pictures of her having the best time ever. And then we discovered there was even more fun to be had: sitting in the high chair while gnawing on dried apple rings. Basically little baby heaven.













Ahhh, high chair, where have you been all my life?



















But I don't need to get into the 6-9month tote yet. She's way too small.

2 comments:

Kelley said...

She is sitting in the chair!? Well, now you can eat and she can sit in her chair and eat her own stuff without going for yours.

And maybe you should open that 6-9 month tote!

Anonymous said...

Oh Daphne! Too cute! You look so big sittin there!