19 August 2009

I Always Knew She Was A Genius

I am proud to say that we are among the wave of parents using sign language with their babies. If you need to tell me how silly I am for following this trend, just be prepared for my wealth of knowledge on the subject. I've got ammunition, baby.

And today I am pretty much certain that Daphne and I had our first conversation. It went something like this:

I filled her up with two bottles plus some carrots and potatoes. It was the amount of food she usually eats in the afternoon, so I cleaned her up so she could move on to playtime. After a few minutes of playing she looked me in the eye and made a very convincing hand motion that looks exactly like the sign for 'milk.' I asked her if she wanted more milk and she got all wiggly with excitement. I scooped her up and she ate almost a full bottle more.

It's true, we were talking.














"Yes mom, I am a genius. That's why I always have this exact same expression on my face."

3 comments:

Kim said...

She is just so cute! Her hair is really growing!

One Blessed Momma! said...

That is awesome! I've heard that kids can learn sign language sooner than talking. I betchya she did sign for milk! :0)

Anonymous said...

Daphne! You are my smartest niece ever!