28 August 2009

Stopping Traffic & Baby Goats

**I just realized the title sounds like it's saying "Stopping Traffic and Stopping Baby Goats." But that's not right. It's like the sign that makes me laugh: SLOW children at play. To me is says "there are slow children at play", although I know it means "slow down there are children playing." Anyways, stopping traffic is a separate incident from the baby goats. You'll see.


stopping traffic
Fall is almost here! Our favorite season! I have a favorite little store in Gresham that is having a Fall Open House this weekend showcasing their new fall decor. This store is right across the street from one of our favorite coffee houses, so we made a date this morning of visiting both places.

Daphne wore her new hat, and I tell you, she was the center of attention everywhere we went. She was soaking in the groups of people who were stopping to tell her how amazingly cute she is. This is where she was saying, "aw, shucks, I'm so thankful for all my adoring fans."













And this is where she is letting me know she is tired of her boring baby cup full of boring water.













baby goats
Then this afternoon we joined Brooke and Adelle for a trip to a little goat farm not too far from here so that we could visit the baby goats and get some raw milk. I thought Daphne would love the goats because goats are kind of like dogs. I mean, they have 4 legs and they run around, so I thought Daph would see the similarities. She was interested for about 2 minutes and that's it. I was a little disappointed.


























Seriously, how can you not be excited about these little guys?

3 comments:

One Blessed Momma! said...

Sounds like a fun trip! And I'm glad you didn't cause any traffic jams by stopping goats - lol

Melissa Swartley said...

Hi! I'm mom to 3 girls, our youngest Sonya is 19 months old and has a type of Skeletal dysplasia called Osteogenesis Imperfecta type 3. I came across your blog through a comment you left on Cort and Cohen's blog. Your Daphne is absolutely adorable! I'd love to follow your blog if that's ok and you are welcome to follow us if you'd like too!

Anonymous said...

I'm so happy she likes the hat. She looks even cuter in it than I thought she would. I'm thrilled I have someone to buy girl things for :).