17 August 2009

Wow!

Today we were outside enjoying the breeze. Daphne was sitting up holding my hand, looking so cute...















When I decided to let go. Just to see what would happen....



















And what do you know! She stayed there! (for maybe 5 seconds, but who's counting?) I know it looks like my arm is holding her up, but I'm serious that it was like a foot behind her. Far, far away, not helping her at all. I love her look of intense concentration. Each time we did this, and after she had toppled over, she would give the hugest grin like she knew she was doing something amazing.

Then Daphne got in some good doggie bonding time. She may look like she's crying, but her face is actually reflecting her great squeals of delight. Lola's face? Not so much with the delight.













And David's favorite:













I'm getting a little concerned about what we're going to do once winter sets in and we're stuck indoors all afternoon. Today Daphne played on her blanket, happy as a clam, for about an hour and a half. This long period of happy playtime only happens when we're outdoors. I'll have to think of some way to make her think we're outside when we're really not.

3 comments:

One Blessed Momma! said...

Your little girl is growing up! Such a cutie pie!

Kelley said...

What else would we expect? Somber child becomes laughing child who looks like she is crying.

Can't wait for Monday.

Susan said...

Daphne, you make me smile. :)