02 November 2010

A Perfect Family Outing

I feel like we don't get too much fog here, at least nothing like back home where it would get super thick late at night when I was driving and I would get nervous that a scary person would jump in front of my car and cause me to have a heart attack. Dark and foggy country roads are just the right place for scary people to do their scary stuff, if you know what I mean.

This morning we woke up to a beautiful foggy, fall morning, so we made a Starbucks run and went up to Rocky Butte, one of our favorite nearby park-like settings.

Pretty drive...













...to a pretty place.



















Daph showed her daredevil side by wanting to leap off the stone walls, but we kept her reigned in.

















































We tried to take a few family photos, and I love this photo where Daph spotted the unattended camera and escaped my arms to head straight for what she thinks is a great toy. The timer setting caught the moment perfectly.












A perfect morning for a perfect family outing.

2 comments:

One Blessed Momma! said...

wow, what a great park, it looks beautiful! Your "family" picture is funny. Daphne cracks me up :0)

Nutty Mom said...

I'm a little jealous of where you live. Everything is so pretty and so cool!