13 October 2011

I Miss My Brain, Part II

Remember when I said Christian was doing so well napping lately?

Hahaha, joke's on me.

Except I'm not really laughing because I don't think I have the energy to muster up any actual laughter.

I think he decided he wants to be just like his big sister and never sleep. I tell him, baby Christian, sleeping helps your brain grow and if you want to go to Yale someday like Rory Gilmore you need to sleep so you can be smart. Then he looks at me, wrinkles up his forehead and pukes down the sleeve of my last clean shirt. But at least he gets my Gilmore Girls reference since we had season 4 playing the entire time we were in the hospital having him.

The other night he didn't go to bed until 4:30 in the morning (and then was up for the day at 6:15) AND he's decided daytime napping is for babies. Apparently he doesn't realize that he IS a baby and he should delight in the opportunity to sleep whenever he wants to.

Daph needs to stop whispering in his ear because I'm pretty sure she's the one giving him the sleeping tips.

1 comment:

What I'm Liking... said...

Oh my gosh - that may be my favorite picture of the two of them so far! I love it!!! I don't love the not sleeping though. I just need to keep rereading your posts and remember that I DON'T want to go through that all over again, because sometimes I forget how hard infancy is. It really is tough but you know you can do it! YOU CAN DO IT! :) Hang in there! I wish there was a pill that would make 2 hours sleep feel like 8. I'd give it to you if I had it. Really.