13 November 2009

Bring on the Cheer

Most years I strongly dislike Christmas showing up before Thanksgiving, because Thanksgiving needs its turn to be the center of attention. Starbucks getting out the Christmas cups on November first? Irritating!

This year I decided to just roll with the punches. Christmas comes but once a year, so I might as well enjoy every ounce of it. I still will keep my tradition of not getting out Christmas decor at home until December first, giving Thanksgiving a bit of time to settle. It just seems right.

I heard that the giant Christmas tree was coming into downtown Portland today at noon, so we went down to the Starbucks at Pioneer Square to watch. Santa was there, Dickens Carolers, a cool marching band. So festive, and so very fun.

Daphne had such a great time. You can see the joy on her face.













Oh wait, she just needed her mom!













And a flying Christmas Tree.













We even listened to Christmas music on the drive home. (Jars of Clay; super great Christmas CD, if you wanted to know.)

So yeah, bring on the cheer. Who cares if it's just mid-November.

2 comments:

One Blessed Momma! said...

Oh my gosh! Daphne's face is so darn cute in that second pic! I think I need to come down there and vist her - and you of course - again soon :0)

GrandpaR said...

Thanksgiving? Christmas? I'm ready for Memorial Day!!