18 November 2009

Pre-Op

David was reading Daphne a farm animal book while we were waiting for her appointment to start. I kept hearing him say things like, "what does the pig say? 'Please don't eat me when I'm grown!'" and I would say "the book really says that?" Of course I knew he was writing his own story when the duck said "beat the Beavers."




















We found out we don't have to be at the hospital on Monday until 8AM! If Daphne was the youngest patient in for surgery we would have to be there at 6, which is just way too early to be driving across town. Plus her doctor says we will probably only have to spend one night in the hospital. Happy.



















Her doctor drew a picture of what he was going to do in her mouth. Eww. That's all I can say. Eww. He also talked about the arm splints little ones usually wear that keeps them from being able to put their hands in their mouths while they heal. Like the neck cone for a dog, but for babies. Again, eww. But he said if we keep a constant eye on Daphne to make sure she's not putting anything near her mouth she doesn't have to wear the splints.

Well, I figure Daphne is going to be really, really mad at us for a few days while she wonders why we made her go through this horrible experience. But it will be worth it when we don't have to use Haberman's anymore or worry about food getting stuck in her brain.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hopefully you will keep your hands out of your mouth so it will heal quickly!

I'd say that story book was pretty accurate! Go Beavs! Rose Bowl bound!!!! I hope.

Emily said...

Praying for Monday!

Anonymous said...

I came across your blog while looking for something else. My baby has had some health issues also, since she was born July 2008. I'll be praying for your little one. She's a cutie! My blog is www.causeyfamily.wordpress.com

Kelley said...

We have a problem here. The duck said 'Beat the Beavers?' Someone doesn't want grown pig in their freezer. What the duck really said was 'Oh no, here come the Beavers! We are going to get our tailfeathers plucked!'

How is Daphne going to eat?