27 March 2012

It's Important to Document the First Trip to Ikea

Last week we went to Ikea for the first time since Christian was born. Daphne and I used to go all the time while David was at work; it's such a great place to go to get ice cream and let Daph play in the kitchen area.

We've been wondering lately if she would qualify for the big kids play area, where you drop them off to play while you go shop. I know they need to be potty trained, but the height requirement concerned me. Sure enough, she is a few inches too short, but once we explained things a bit they let her in! The workers were so sweet about it, and Ikea officially has the best play area ever. She had the best time and now that Daphne is officially registered, I think we'll be going there more often.

Christian had to stay with us.


















I wasn't able to get all the things on my list, but David found something that we just needed, so we came home with that instead.


















A super fun road carpet for only $12.99. I've seen some cute DIY ones that I've considered making because I know David has wanted one of these carpets for the kids, but let's face it, there's not much time for DIYing lately and $12.99 will not break the bank.

It's a small price to pay for something that offers such fun for all.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Remember Grandma Roth's where she put the fabric (that had the track pattern) on the folding thing? I don't know the official name of that thing it was on...something that sewers use. We spent a lot of time playing on that! I've seen that one at Ikea and thought it looked fun!