11 April 2012

Christian: 7 (Whaaaat?) Months

Seriously, I don't think I should even be writing this post because I canNOT believe the boy is 7 months old already.






















I like to think about the timing of events to come by comparing them to the timing of events passed: 5 months ago Christian was 2 months old and it was Halloween. Basically, yesterday. In 5 months he will be one year old. Basically, tomorrow.

What is happening to the world??

(This is why I am fine with him being so tiny for his age. It's like I get to have a baby for a little longer.)

Speaking of being tiny, his scrawny size makes it hard for him to sit on his own. (Also what makes it hard for him to sit on his own is the fact that he has a meltdown every time I set him down, but that is neither here nor there.) His torso is so tiny and weak while his head is so large and heavy that he just tips right over. Sad, really. But he's getting better at it. He can sit for a few minutes at a time.

His favorite words to say right now are "aye-yi-yi" and "a-da-da." He also likes to growl like a tiny bear, which is funny because I don't ever remember Daphne growling. It must be a boy thing. He also likes to wrinkle his nose, and he likes smile so big his entire face lights up and looks like happiness has made its home there. It's quite a sight.

Of course he does not like to sleep. Nighttime is a little better than it had been. (Anything is better than waking up hourly, of course.) He's up usually 3-5 times. He doesn't sleep at all during the day. We've been working on daytime naps for so long (7 months, to be exact) with not much to show for it so I hate to admit that we've kind of given up. I am not opposed to hiring a sleep expert to come stay at our house for a few days and help us, but until then I'm just moving on with life. Daphne was a terrible sleeper the first year and now she's sleeping just fine, I'm sure it will be the same with Christian.

We're on the downhill to Christian's first birthday so I've been scouring Pinterest for party ideas. I bought some straws already. Three cheers for early preparation.

With only 5 months left of the baby year, there has to be something great to look forward to. For me, it's a party with good straws.

P.S. Just like last month, C was not too thrilled that I was setting him down, and setting him down in a laundry basket at that. I am the cruelest of mothers.






































No comments: