05 June 2009

Best Friends in the Making

Yesterday's thunderstorm was very exciting. You know it's a good storm when news stations will cancel all regular programming in the name of 'continuous storm coverage.' (Total sarcasm there. Oregonians freak out way too much when it comes to weather.)

I would have enjoyed it more if I were not in charge of Brynner the crazy dog. He is scared of any noise louder than...actually, I'm having a hard time thinking of any noise that doesn't send Brynner into hysterics. This makes the 4th of July, New Year's Eve, and all thunderstorms a time when I would probably pay someone to take him to a new home.

Some of Daphne's first words will probably be "no, Brynner," and "stop that, Brynner." It's very easy to see her trying to be the boss of both dogs.

For now, she's just starting to be fascinated by these creatures that roam our house.














She does all sorts of contortionist moves to keep them in her sight.














But the dogs aren't the only 'people' to capture her attention. It makes my heart happy to say that she also does the same sort of moves for me.

5 comments:

Kelley said...

That position looks very familiar. Isn't that how she looked when she rolled over while watching her daddy? Is she still rolling?

I wondered how Brynner was during the storms. I hope Daphne doesn't follow in his footsteps.

See you tomorrow.

Emma wants to know how Daphne is doing. Angie thinks she get Daph the whole time she is here.

Kelley said...

Are the dogs coming down, too?

Anonymous said...

awww, cute.

Angie told me that she told Daphne's Grandma that she get Daphne the whole time. I said I'll be taking pictures :)

I told Emma I would take pictures of people and see how they were doing and send some photos to her. I have her your email address, Melissa. Now that she has a computer in her room she send out emails.

Kelley said...

I said Angie 'thinks' she get Daphne the whole time. Not that she does.

GrandpaR said...

Daffy came to say "happy Birthday" to GrandpaR.