01 June 2009

The Great Escape

We learned tonight that our fence has gaps wide enough for a little chicken to escape through. We also learned that it's embarrassing to roam around your neighbor's backyard trying to catch said chicken.

This particular escapee is named Rosemary. I named her that because she seemed to be the sweetest little thing, and 'Rosemary' is a good name for a sweet little chicken. I'm sad that she is not living up to the expectations I had of her.

Here are all our little chicken friends, posing for a family picture. Scarlett is on top of the water feeder (which I was so kindly cleaning for them when Rosemary escaped). Clockwise from her is Blanche, Rosemary the Terror, then Mae. I'm sorry that I didn't take any of the suggestions I was given. Not including the names that would encourage someone to think of these little darlings as dinner, I appreciate all the good pushes in the right direction. I agonized for days over what to name them...David saying "they're just chickens!" didn't help me any.















Moving on to what you're really here for, Daphne updates, you will be happy to know that we're doing our best to keep her entertained and happy. And very relaxed.















We found a park under the Sellwood Bridge that we walked today. I was having fun snapping pictures of Daphne on this abandoned railroad track, until David yelled "train!" and I almost fell over in trying to get us quickly off the tracks. Yes, I knew they were abandoned, but they still made me jumpy.


































She's lovin' those toes.















Cute baby.

5 comments:

Kelley said...

Were the neighbors entertained by Rosemary's escape? I would have enjoyed watching you. :)

How far down the tracks did you go? It doesn't look like a very smooth ride. Maybe that is why Daphne is in such a funny position...she was bounced around.

Is David showing Daphne what to do with brick walls or what not to do? It looks like a 'what can we get away with' look.

Funny girl, playing with her toes!

And yes, what a cute baby!

Anonymous said...

Seriously, a cute baby, and you have to make an album of Daphne and her adventures- with all the pictures where it is just Daph in her stroller. We are making a pretty good collection of pictures of only Daphne hanging out in various places. They crack me up, Daphne rolled along the river front, the railroad tracks, the park...

Thanks for dumping more extra photos! I've been waiting :)

Anonymous said...

Oh wait, you only added five. Daphne better be ready for some photo sessions this weekend!

And, what is "The Reat" posted yesterday? A teaser headline?

GAB said...

Rosemary is a great name for a chicken...I'm assuming her full name is rosemary and lemon herb rub? Mmmm, delicious.

GrandpaR said...

Pretty artwork you city people have in your parks...