13 July 2010

What I Did On My Summer Vacation

(This post is mostly here because this blog is a scrapbook of sorts for our family, so I understand if you may not want to know what we did on vacation. I realize no one wants to sit and look at people's vacation slides. Even if they are super, duper interesting.)


















My grandparents are celebrating 50 years of marriage this summer, so they took their children/spouses, their grandchildren and their one beautiful great-grandchild (that would be Daphne, f.y.i.) to N. Idaho for a week. We stayed in the most gigantic house of all times (see the second window down on the tower? that was my room.) and did all sorts of fun things.

Swam:














Rode bison (who is noticing the trend of Daph appearing to have no face?):













Fished (just boys did that):













Went on a trolley ride through old silver mining towns:



















A lot of eating of things that are not necessarily healthy:



















And check out this insane bike ride David and I did with my aunt and uncle, The Hiawatha Trail. Do you see that super high train trestle there in the middle of the mountains? We had to ride over that and 7 others, plus ride through long, dark tunnels.













The long dark tunnels were the scariest, but we did it and rewarded ourselves with t-shirts. It's the longest bike ride I've ever done in my life, so I'm thinking this shirt will go with me to my grave.













This sign was at an intersection in Wallace. Is it really the center of the universe?! I don't know, but I had to take a photo just in case it was important. Wouldn't want Daphne (and Becca and Emma) to miss out on being in the center of the universe.



















Daphne with her GiGi and Grandpa B, the anniversary guests of honor:
































We had a really good time, and I give this vacation a solid A+.
































No comments: