07 September 2014

At Least Jonas Has a Done-ish Room

I'm feeling brave enough to share two of our rooms that we have in fairly good liveable conditions.  If you think house pictures are lame, you'll hate this post.  If you happen to love a good 'before and after,' this one's for you. 

Jonas's nursery is the most completed room.  His car rug is in the big kid's room right now and I have at least one more thing to hang; other than that it's looking pretty swell.  I'm sure as he is in there snoozing he is appreciating the beauty around him.  He probably has really nice dreams.

His room required the most painting because I wanted to paint the trim.  Trim painting, especially going from dark red to white, is rather laborious.  It is not made much easier when done while home alone with 3 children. 

(My 'before' pictures aren't that great.  I took them while we were at the house for the home inspection, so was snapping quickly while trying to stay out of the way/keep the kids out of the way of the inspector.)
weird Dave
















Daph needed to be in every single picture






































We didn't mind the barn red trim in the room, but for a baby nursery I wanted white.  David liked the red closet doors, though, so we kept those for now.  The doors work for a baby boy room.  The beige was a bit darker than I wanted, and I didn't love the green above the picture rail, so the whole room got freshened up with new colors. 




































David built this super cute rustic shelf



































canvas + sharpie = 5 minute 'art' project copied from Pinterest























Hobby Lobby map





















Christian doing unusual things















































I didn't take a picture of the doorway, but this room has one of those cute little entry nooks that we're planning on doing this to:
this picture is everywhere but I can't find an original source



































And that's the nursery!  Of course usually it looks like this: darkened, J sleeping in the rock-n-play, fan for white noise, random stuff on the dresser...perfectly imperfect, as our house typically is.

































I was going to show the dining room, too, but this post is so huge we'll save that for another day.  Such exciting things to look forward to!

1 comment:

Erika said...

I love it!!! Such a happy room...that started with such bizarre and questionable paint colors. That rustic bookshelf is awesome, as is the Sharpie/canvas art- genius!!