10 April 2009

This One Goes Out to Levi

Levi was generous enough to give Daphne a hat for Christmas. He needed to see a picture of her in it, so I took a few this afternoon. I was just going to email it up to him in AK, but these pictures are so hilarious I just had to share them with the entire internet world (or at least with the 14 people who read this blog).






























Daphne actually has a gigantic head (my doula was kind enough to tell me that Daphne's head at birth was the same size as her daughter's at birth; except Daphne weighed 6lbs 11oz and her daughter was about 2 lbs more.) So I love that this hat is too big for her right now because it makes her look down right tiny.

This other sun hat that I love actually fits her, but note how it accentuates the fact that she's chubby:















It hardly even looks like the same baby. I guess this is a good lesson in knowing the styles that work well with our shape. Apparently Daphne's shape works well with bear hats that are really supposed to fit her next winter.

3 comments:

Down To Earth said...

Holy cute! I can't wait to show this to Levi! Your entries are fun...like "what not to wear" on tv!

Anonymous said...

Cute! That is hilarious. I remember how big that hat was on her just a few months ago! I'll send you a picture of that

Cute Daphne baby!

Jessica said...

I just love her little facial expressions! She's adorable!