01 April 2009

Daphne is a GIRL Baby















We got to leave this morning at about 11. We could have gone earlier, but Daphne was sleeping so soundly I didn't have the heart to wake her. We visited Lincoln (where 3 different nurses told me what a cute little boy I have) then came home. She's eating a ton and is happy as a clam.
















Her casts will be on for two weeks, then I think her doctor said he'll do one more set of casts, then move on to the shoes. Her next cast replacement will just be like the old days when we went to his office to hang out with Mike the Cast Guy. Her casts go so high on her legs her cloth diapers don't fit quite as well as they usually do. Dr R. has to do whatever he can to keep those things on her, so they are super high and fitted as closely to her legs as they can be. Who wants to place bets on whether or not she can keep these things on for two weeks? David says they'll be off by Friday.

So...I need someone to explain to me why people keep thinking Daphne is a boy. Today she was wearing a onesie with purple and teal polka dots, had pink and white receiving blankets tucked around her in her seat, and had a purple and white blanket over her lap. What more can I do, people?! If people can't catch the whole pink and purple theme, I'm not sure there is any more to do aside from glueing a huge bow to her head.

8 comments:

Bethany said...

It's funny because that seems to be such an issue with people and Daphne even Looks like a girl. Ridiculous! If you don't know for sure, why can't people keep their mouths shut. anyways... look forward to see you guys on Saturday!

Anonymous said...

What? Daphne is a girl?

Unknown said...

Our pastor mistook Adelle for a boy, though she was decked out in pink. Turns out he has rather severe colorblindness. Perhap colorblindness is more prevalent than most people realize!

Kelley said...

I guess we will have to put her name in LARGE letters on everything. Across the top of her seat, every corner of her blankets, on the front of all her clothing...

Anonymous said...

Well last night we talked about Daphne. Afterward Charlie Reeser asked if it was my nephew we were talking about. But, he's never seen her.

That is pretty bad for 3 nurses to say that, and girls can't even be colorblind! I never thought Daph looked like a boy. But I think most babies experience gender mix-up by other people.

By the way, thanks for posting several times yesterday :)

Susan said...

Daphne is the cutest little prairie GIRL ever; it's obvious!

Down To Earth said...

I had a lady call Ben a girl even though he was dressed in a red flannel shirt and denim overalls! Some people are just stupid I guess, or talk before they think. We should all think about that before we open our mouths, and maybe just use the word, "baby" instead of "boy" or "girl".

BTW, love, love, love the slide show! Cried like a baby!

Jessica said...

It's ok, I had that same issue! Even though the boys were always wearing something with trucks and trains on it, they always got called "She"! My Mom told me that when I was a baby, dressed in pink from head to toe, she was asked how old my mom's little boy was! Some people are just dumb! Daphne is an adorable little GIRL!!!