06 April 2009

We Saw the Sun Today!

Spring is a great time of the year because of the flowers, days getting longer, it's sunnier, etc, etc, etc. Here's what I don't like about Spring: it's such a teaser. I'm so ready for warm weather, so I see a sunny day, head outside and then immediately turn around and come back in because it's actually about 37 degrees out. Or I see some sun, bundle up the baby in her stroller so we can go for a walk, and 5 minutes into the walk it's pouring down rain on us. I'm sure neighbors are peeking out their windows judging me for having a baby out in a rainstorm, but I know she's snug and warm in her stroller...until I peek in at her and see there is an open spot in her stroller roof and it's actually raining directly onto her face.

Yes, Spring is a great time of year.

But today...today was one of those perfect Spring days. The sun actually meant warmth! The true definition of a warm day in my opinion is when you don't have to wear a sweatshirt in the shade, but 75 degrees (maybe even closer to 80?) is perfectly acceptable for getting the warm season started.

We started off the day by walking to Starbucks and getting our first iced coffee of the year.































Daphne had some lunch while we were there, but decided on the way home that she needed more. It takes great talent to walk and work her bottle at the same time.




















David did a bunch of yard work in the afternoon. I pulled about 7 weeds in the middle of taking pictures of Daphne. I think she likes it outside. Here she is mid-sneeze:
















I'm so glad tomorrow will be even more of the same!

3 comments:

Kelley said...

How did Daphne like the iced coffee? By the look on her face, not so much. Good girl! Hope mid-sneeze doesn't mean allergies.

Anonymous said...

What a cute baby!

I suppose I should say more profound things, but I see the pictures and all I can think is how CUTE SHE IS!

Can't wait for ya to come down this weekend!

Anonymous said...

David doesn't usually look happy in your pictures. You should tell him to be excited!