09 April 2009

America's Next Top Model

We've gotten into a pretty good daily rhythm with Daphne. She gets up at about 7AM every day and goes to bed at 7PM. She eats every 3 hours. She has 3 naps a day, one in the morning, one at mid-day and one in the afternoon. She gets up once at night to eat, usually between 2-4AM. I am no longer walking around in a fog of exhaustion. Of course as soon as we get it down and I think "finally this is all working!" things change and we have to re-figure it all out again.

We've always struggled with getting her to go to sleep and stay asleep. It's hard to know if it's a reflection on our parenting or on her personality. Is Daphne just naturally not a good sleeper, or are we developing bad habits in her that are keeping her from sleeping? Is her bed uncomfortable? Do her feet hurt? Is she too hot? Too cold? Is she allergic to sleep? (She does sneeze a lot.) If she would just use her words and tell me what's going on...

When Daphne does get a good nap in and she's had a good night's sleep, she can be quite delightful. My favorite part of the day with her is after she's gotten up and eaten and she's having her awake time. She will lay on the floor and chatter up a storm, or sit in your lap and smile and talk. She likes reading books and staring at the pictures. She likes it when you sing to her or just talk to her. She loves being social. I love working in the kitchen (or where ever) and hearing her coo and squeal in the next room. Baby noises are such nice noises to have around the house.

Her awake time is when it's my chance to try outfits on her and take her picture. It's a real fun activity for me, although she only lets me do it for a short amount of time before she starts giving mad looks.

I love this elephant onesie. I've been waiting and waiting for her to grow into it, and I think I will actually cry a little when she outgrows it.















Great-Grandmother Roth knitted this little outfit for her before she was born. I was so hoping I would have a girl baby so that she could wear this. But with my history of people not being able to tell a girl baby from a boy baby, I probably could have put this on a boy and no one would have even noticed.















For this particular photo shoot we only got to two outfits (note the mad look). As her patience level grows I'm sure we can add in a few more clothing changes.

3 comments:

Kelley said...

No, she is related to me. Two outfits is quite enough changing to last for a very long time. Someone in the family has to take after me!

Anonymous said...

I love those outfits! And what a cute baby!

Viking Dusty said...

That's great. We were going through clothes last night for our little one and seeing your pictures is getting me even more excited to try things on him.

Thanks for updating so much!!