15 June 2012

This Week

This week we celebrated Faux Father's Day.  We will be busy this Sunday and so pretended last Sunday was Father's Day which gave us time to do some fun family stuff.





















This baby is so cute!!!!!























This week we made some gluten free and vegan cupcakes.  (recipe HERE.)  The recipe calls for regular all-purpose flour but I substituted Bob's Red Mill All-Purpose Flour instead.  I have mixed feelings about the taste of that flour, but if you're someone like me who can basically only eat sticks and leaves, a chocolate cupcake is a chocolate cupcake, even with that slightly odd flour taste.  It's not gross or anything, just different. The frosting is yummy, though, and definitely made the recipe.  I would say they were an 8 out of 10.  If I had tons of time to play around in my kitchen I would love to figure out a different flour blend...maybe someday.

Daphne loved them.  I'm not sure why she decided to 'blow out' the butterfly toothpick, except that she's a teeny tiny bit obsessed with birthdays.

Please excuse the spaghetti on her face.  I wash her only sometimes.










































This week Christian got to hang out while Daphne and I did some gardening.  I set him up on a blanket and hoped he would give us 10 minutes or so.  After only a few minutes I heard him fussing, and like the good and attentive mother that I am, didn't check on him right away because surely he was just fine.  Until I did look back and realized he was flailing around on the grass like he did not understand the horrible prickly substance beneath his arms.  Poor dude.
Angry baby























This girl knows what's what when it come to the garden
























This week Christian looked really cool in Daddy's hat, and is looking like a big boy more and more every day.










































And finally, this week Daphne discovered how much she loves to find my clothes, put them on and wear them around the house.

No comments: