13 December 2013

Apparently Friday the 13th Can Be a Bad Day

Daphne I were sitting on our red sofa this afternoon and she told me she wanted to pray.

"Dear Lord God, " she prayed, "Please let my mommy and my daddy and my brother and me all die at the same time.  And help us to have a good week.  Amen."

????????!!!

Creepiest, funniest prayer she's ever prayed.

The other day she was singing "Oh Christmas tree, oh Christmas tree, how beautiful are your branches."  That one line, over and over and over again.

Finally I said, "Hey Daph, it's actually 'how lovely are your branches."

"What Mom?  You think my singing's lovely?  Thanks!"

And on she went to sing that line a few thousand more times.

Obviously Christmas is going pretty well over here.

Today was our home inspection.  David was at work, and the kids and I and our dog had to be out of the house from 9-1.  After a little visit to Starbucks, our saintly neighbor took us in for the rest of the morning, even feeding the kids lunch.  So nice of her to help me bring my blood pressure down a few points because this morning at exactly 8:52 A.M. I ran downstairs real quick to find the laundry room full of water thanks to the floor drain backing up.  Yes, that is exactly what you want to see on inspection day!  While your husband is gone and you're trying to make breakfast and get kids ready to go all while keeping the house immaculate!

After we got home I ran down to my bedroom and stopped in my tracks at this strange table/box/toolkit set up within inches of where my head sleeps each night.  Then I realized it was the radon test.  Really?  There was no other spot in the entire basement to put it?  I'm not kidding when I say inches from my head.   I guess we're about to find out if I have radon poisoning, or whatever it is they call it. 

The plumber came this afternoon and found the drain issue was just a typical clog and he got it out no problem.  By the time David got home tonight I was so worn out I just sat on the couch staring at the wall for a good hour.  Maybe longer, I don't know.

And now I will soon get to go sleep real close to a radon box.  Apparently it clicks every hour as it makes its recordings.  I'm pretty excited about it. 
pretzel making a few nights ago.  not tonight because that would've been insane in the membrane.



No comments: