15 May 2009

Minor Adjustments

Daphne got her leg braces fixed today. He just drilled in a couple of slots for the Velcro to loop through. Amazing things those doctors can do.

I really think the main problem is that I can't put them on tight enough. Rob (the orthotist guy) said to make sure they are really tight on her ankles, as those are the supporting straps. Well, that's where she is the most tender, so she cries if you tug too tightly. I'm totally wimpy and can't put them on when I know they hurt her. She was screaming bloody murder when Rob was putting them on. He didn't even attempt to put on the second leg, the leg with the foot that is the tightest. I'm not exactly sure why he thought making me put it on later at home by myself was a good idea.

She just gives the sad face...
















So yeah, she's in bed right now with no leg braces on. My reasoning makes sense, though: if they start to slide off while she's sleeping, she'll wake up. Then after I fix the braces, she'll be wide awake. So I can just wait until we are good at keeping them on in the daytime before we try to tackle the nighttime. Right? Please?

Give a big drool if you think this is a good idea!

1 comment:

Kelley said...

Well, I won't drool, but I will agree with you. Get used to them being on ALL the time while awake, then work on the sleeping with them.

I'm sorry she has to have them on tight at the tender part of her ankle. :( I'll cry with her.

Give her a kiss for me.