10 May 2009

Walking Tour

We had a pretty fabulous first Mother's Day. I really like going downtown, and although David is not a big fan, I got to choose the day's activity...so downtown we went!

We walked along the Waterfront on the west side of the river, then crossed the Hawthorne Bridge and walked back up on the Esplanade on the east side. We finished off with a yummy supper at Panera. It was super fun.

Daphne seemed to enjoy her first ride on MAX. This is when she was still in a good mood.















Family shot:
















Snuggles:















I just realized I don't have a face in either of those pictures. I think it's because David likes to takes pictures when I don't know that I am in them, so it's rare that there is a picture of me looking normal. This photo makes it look like neither Daphne nor I do well with the candid shots.



















By the end of the day Daphne was pretty worn out. David and I are still used to our years B.D. (Before Daphne) doing whatever we wanted with our days, so we tend to over-estimate how much out and about time she can handle. Hopefully she won't take it out on us tonight.

4 comments:

Kelley said...

I'm glad you had a good 1st Mother's Day. Daphne will soon adapt to your trips out and about.

I'm surprised David allowed Daphne on MAX.

Happy Mother's Day

Kelley said...

PS

When Sophie saw me today, she kept saying "Baby". I finally told her Daphne wasn't coming. I don't know if that is what she was refering to, but she stopped saying "baby".

See you Tuesday.

What I'm Liking... said...

Your hair is so cute! I haven't seen it short! And I think all those pictures are great. You are a very beautiful family. Can't wait to see that little angel soon!

Jessica said...

I do that walk three times a week. We start @ the Hawthorn walk down the east side, across the Steel then down the west side. I do this pulling the twins in the wagon and trying to keep up with Ethan on his bike... aka good workout! LOL! Glad you had a wonderful first mothers day! Love the pics!