01 May 2009

Look At All the Pictures!

David had Daphne listening to the iPod today. I know that earbuds are not good for her ears, but they are better than a sword. Besides, David's answer to me telling him something isn't good for her is "but she likes it." And he was worried about her being spoiled.
















She's been doing this funny tongue thing the past couple of days. It's like she just discovered she has a tongue, so she has to stick it out as much as possible. Almost every time she smiles she has her tongue hanging out. It's sort of weird, and hopefully just a phase.
















I had her doing some tummy time but she was so tired from not napping that she didn't have the energy to keep her head up. Daphne is not a huge fan of being on her tummy, so she usually just rolls herself over to save herself from the tummy time agony. Today her tiredness just kept her on her belly and face planting into her blanket.
















Daphne was leaning against my knees this afternoon and kept avoiding eye contact with me by leaning over looking down to her left. Her physical therapist would probably tell me to make sure she is getting equal time looking to the right as to not strain her neck too much. Whatever.
















I think I took 141 pictures of Daphne today, and as much as I would like to post them all, I know that would be a little out of control. How did people do it when there were only cameras that used film and you had to carefully weigh whether or not a moment was worth using up a precious spot on that roll of film? I remember those days, of course, but I don't know how you could do it with a little baby in the house who was just begging to have every second of her life documented. And when it takes 15 pictures to get one good one.

You would use up one spot of film thinking you got the good one, but come back from developing your pictures to find that this is actually what you got:















It would make an interesting Christmas card.

3 comments:

Kelley said...

What a nut. The tongue thing comes from Great-grandpa B. She might be doing it for the rest of her life.

You know we didn't develop the film, it stayed in the cupboard for YEARS! So it didn't matter what the shot looked like because we never found out. However, I would like to see your 141 shots.

Anonymous said...

Love the pictures, well except where you cut off half her face :) I am SO glad for digital, especially since I took about 600 today between FCS and Rebecca's track meet.

You need a flicker/snapfish/etc so you can just dump your card and we can look at yours! :) Who wouldn't want to see 141 pictures of Daphne?

I think it is funny she wouldn't make eye contact. And yeah, the tongue thing is definetely here to stay.

Anonymous said...

She is so cute!!!!