23 August 2012

Perspective

I try to remind myself when I'm sweeping food from the kitchen floor again.

Or taking someone to the bathroom, cleaning bedding after an accident, or changing a diaper.

During a temper tantrum, or while holding an inconsolable baby.

While someone refuses to take a nap longer than half an hour at a time. 

When I want to read a book, or sleep, or just sit down for five minutes.





















When little hands bring me flowers.

As we snuggle on the couch reading books.

On long summer walks, on impromptu trips to Starbucks, and quiet times at the library.

A big sister making a baby brother laugh.

When I get to kiss soft cheeks, or brush long, blonde hair... 

 














You're gonna miss this
You're gonna want this back
You're gonna wish these days hadn't gone by so fast
These are some good times
So take a good look around
You may not know it now
But you're gonna miss this.

                          ~Trace Adkins

1 comment:

Down To Earth said...

lovely, simple yet lovely